Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm still happy after having shots!


Today was a not so fun day for me. I had to go to the doctor for my 4 month appointment (yea, they scheduled it late, but what can I say). Mommy guessed that I weighed 13 pounds and daddy guessed 14 pounds, but they were both wrong! I weigh a whole 12 pounds 12 ounces!! Then after they stretched me out as far as they could, they told me that I am 24 inches long. Guess I will be a little girl after all.

Then the doctor told me that I am "advanced" for my age because I am rolling over so well and because of how I sit up. I can sit up with just a little support now. I even find things to hold onto to help pull myself up to a sitting position. What can I say, I love to be active...mommy knew that before I was even born.

Next came the BAD part. After making me drink this nasty stuff then call rotavirus vaccine, they gave me three shots...yes, I said THREE. It was better than the FOUR I got at my last appointment, but OUCHIE that hurt! I cried and screamed and whimpered, but as soon as I got into the car, I was sound asleep. I slept a lot this afternoon but when I woke up I was happy as could be. Mommy and daddy sure were happy to see me smiling. Apparently last time I got shots I was not a happy camper...I cried so bad that I didn't even want to eat...me, not want to eat...I think they are telling lies.

Well, that is about it for now. Make sure you check out my pictures in the "Pictures of Me September 08" link. Mommy adds new ones all the time.

No comments: