Monday, April 4, 2011

My First Cake

I made my first cake...a gluten free vanilla cake with chocolate icing and green gumpaste decorations. First I helped crack the eggs and put the "egg juice" in the mixing bowl...I didn't like the feel of the "egg juice" on my fingers but its part of the job.


Then I helped mommy measure out the oil and water. Finally I dumped the mix into the bowl and watched the mixer stir. After the cake batter was all ready, I helped put it into the pans so that mommy could put the cakes into the oven.


While the cakes cooled, mommy made me some green gumpaste to decorate the cake with. I learned how to kneed the dough, roll the dough, then cut the dough out using the cutters. I made 3 sizes of flowers and some hearts to decorate daddy's cake with.


When it was time to put the icing on the cake, I tried to help but found that it was more fun to "accidentally" touch the cake and have to lick the icing off my hand/arm. So mommy did most of the icing.


The last part was the most fun part. I got to put the gumpaste decorations on the cake. I did it all by myself...mommy didn't tell me where to put them or help in any way.


I made a rainbow with a heart at each end. Then there were flowers on the side of the cake. It turned out BEAUTIFUL and most importantly it was delicious!
 


Check out the rest of my cake baking/decorating adventure in the link "Pictures of us April 2011".

No comments: